Saturday, December 17, 2022

The Crossroads (my confrontation with Addiction)

I am at the end of 2022 preparing for dynamic change. I am confronted with the need to review this years challenges, face them and act to change and transform as a Human being, a Spiritual being.   One challenge has been the downward spiral into full blown addiction after my Mothers passing.  For the years preceding I had relapsed now and then and would recognize the red flags and not got too deep.  I justified these periods as Therapeutic Relapses.  Of course there are other dynamics that played a part in my relapse in 2021.  My need to self medicate resurrected when I found myself alone in a 4 bedroom house and the subsequent psychosis I experienced for 3 months proceeding my Mothers passing and the recent breakup after 5 years with my Partner and her Son.  I had reached a point where reality had shifted so abruptly, my thoughts could not leave my grieving.  I had entered the sunken place of hopelessness except for my garden and companion dog Sheba which kept me.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment